Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Saw the Light

I was wandering the aisles at Goodwill when I noticed a large, green, wooden contraption. Okay, you're gonna have to stay with me on this one. I know it looks...well green, and dirty. And the top of it does resemble some sort of victorian torture device....but....I think it can be fabulous! And the price was right :)

       I would much rather show you the lamp looking better already with a good cleaning, but I am trying to keep things real :)



It's a wall-mount lamp! And I plan on making it beautiful. Nothing that a good cleaning, a coat of paint, and a modern shade can't fix.

I tested it to make sure it worked, and it does! Did you know that Goodwill has an electronic testing area? Yup, it took me a second to find it but then a nice man pointed it out to me. Word to the wise, though. Make sure that the light bulb is not right in your face when you plug in the cord. Yeah, apparently the switch was turned on already so I got a flash in my face. I guess you could say i saw the light ;)

1 comment: